We Have Re-Opened For In-Office Appointments
Throughout the COVID-19 crisis we have made it a priority to keep you informed of the safety measures our Skin & Beauty Center dermatology offices have taken to ensure the highest level of safety for all patients, team members and providers. We will continue to keep you updated with changes that impact the way your appointments and care will transition.
We have established new safety measures across each department within our offices to ensure that we are offering the best and safest care possible. Some of these changes include:
When you call or use our scheduling portals to request an appointment we will ask you safety screening questions that include:
New Check-In, Check-Out and Rooming Processes
To avoid excess wait time and congregation at our check-in stations we ask for your cooperation in:
- Completing our office’s online pre-registration 24-hours prior to your appointment time
- Paying your copay/account balance during your online registration and using our secure Card on File feature to avoid the handling and exchange of monies at our office
- Sanitizing your hands immediately upon entry into our offices
- You will be placed into a clean exam room as quickly as possible upon your arrival. We ask that you avoid leaving the room, moving to other rooms or requesting to join the room of another patient.
- We will take your temperature upon entry and ask that you reschedule your appointment if you have a temperature of 100.0 or over
- Checking out at the front desk with your calendar ready to schedule any necessary return visits. Your return visit may also be scheduled by phone or online.
- Continuing to avoid hugs, handshakes and other forms of direct contact with team members, providers and other patients
- Magazine, brochures, product samples, snacks and coffee/refreshment stations have been removed from our offices for your safety
- If you present with any fever, cough, chills, muscle pain, loss of taste/smell, cold, flu or respiratory illness symptoms or have been in contact with a person that was or is experiencing these symptoms within 14 days following your visit to our offices we ask that you contact our offices and request to speak to Management to provide full details. We ask that you report this information for the safety of our team members, providers and other patients.
New Billing Process
We are updating our processes to streamline billing. This includes:
- Placing a credit card securely on file with our office. If your deductible is not met and/or if your insurance indicates a cost share amount, co-insurance or a non-covered service, we will bill your credit card and email your receipt to you. This eliminates contact with paper statements and sealed envelopes as well as delays in processing.
- If you require a paper statement rather than our electronic notification of your balance due, we will supply one to you. There will be a $10 processing fee for all paper statements.
Schedule your Virtual Visit with our Online Dermatologist
Our feedback helps us provide exceptional service. If you have comments, suggestions, concerns or other questions we want you to communicate with us. We are here for you and we value what you have to say. Please email us at Info@DermLA.com and write “Feedback” in the subject line. Please provide your contact information if you’d like us to follow up with you or if you prefer to remain anonymous that’s fine too.
Our SBC Providers and Team Members are grateful that you are safe and healthy. We’ll do all we can to participate in maintaining your good health including regular updates to our protocols for patient safety. We are here for you and will continue to communicate all updates with you. Please don’t hesitate to contact us for any reason.
With all our best,
SBC Providers & Team Members